Astrales Christina 2015
The consolidation of a Ribera del Duero legend
- Grape Variety: Tinto Fino 100%
- Alcohol Content: 15% vol.
- Vineyards Location: Selection of 100 year old bush vines from our Fuente-santa vineyard.
- Type of soil: Clay-calcareous with stories.
- Yields: 3.000 Kg/ha
- Vinification: Handpicking selection. Grapes are moved by gravity to a vat of 50 hl. where the natural yeasts on the skins trigger the fermentation process, Fermentation and maceration of 15 days
- Ageing: 18 months in new French oak barrels of extra fine grain..
- Date of bottling: July 2017
Ratings and Awards
95 pts Guía Gourmets “Powerful, structured, ample and enveloping, sweet and ripe tannin.”
95 pts Guia Proensa “Good structure, with body and firm tannins, fresh, balanced, tasty, long”
94 pts View from the Cellar “The wine is pure, full-bodied, complex and rock solid at the core, with lovely focus and balance”
94 pts Tim Atkin
93+ pts Robert Parker
93 pts James Suckling
93 pts Cellar Selection “Drink from 2020–2032”