Astrales Godello 2011
A very exclusive wine
- Grape Variety: Godello 100%
- Alcohol Content: 13,5% vol.
- Vineyards Location: 10 ha vineyard, located in the town of Rubiá de Valdeorras.
- Type of soil: Poor and deep, derived from slates and schists, with abundant presence of fragments of these rocks.
- Vinification: Handpicking selection in small boxes. destemmed and soft crushed. Cold maceration before pressing. Static cold deflated. Fermentation at controlled temperature. Racking, cold stabilization and bottling.
- Ageing: More than 50 months of reductive aging in bottle.
This wine was obtained exclusively from Godello grapes, grown in ancient vineyards located at a high altitude (500 meters) and oriented towards midday, achieving a long, balanced and complete maturation. Produced in the most respectful way possible with the fruit, the wine remained in reducing environment with total absence of light, during more than 50 months of aging in bottle. In these conditions, the Godello grape offers its best benefits, achieving a very complex wine and full of aromatic and taste sensations.
Astrales Godello 2011 is presented with an attractive golden yellow color with greenish tones. Intense and complex aromas of fruits of stone (peach) and citrus (grapefruit), with vegetable nuances (fennel), and an end of white flowers. Taste powerful and fresh, of great length and aromatic persistence of great intensity and complexity.
This wine will continue to evolve in the bottle, towards more complex tones, where aromas of kerosene, honey, bitter orange bark and nuts dominate, with a fresh mouth full of aromatic sensations.